On top of that, I'm seeing a midnight show with a friend in town and I've already printed off the tickets for that.
I started over with this too. Long story, but the app I was using kept adding the wrong title, the wrong author, or just adding 18 of a single book. It was annnnooying. I went shopping for a new one and when I found it, I started the project over. I have 172 of my books cataloged so far which includes the books from my upstairs closet and the plastic drawer thing out in the hallway.
Made my word count (just barely), but with everything going on that has been going on (ugghhh I don't even want to talk about it), I'm seriously okay with that.
7) Finish at least one story from my avengers_tables and if possible two as that will complete the table.
In addition, I've been quite social-able and read a couple more books for my "Alphabet Challenge". All in all I'd say that even though this was kind of a rough month for me, I was at least productive.
Hopefully I'll post May's goals tomorrow, but it might be a few days because of all the stuff I've got going on. For now I will bid you adieu.
love_bingo Prompt - Fatherhood
Theiver of iPods aka Dad
( Darcy has some very choice words for her father. )
Schedule Coordinated for Traveling - Check-ish
Picking a time and getting tickets - No where near...
Bought more comics and added them too.
This is going very well. Less than 5,000 words left to go - Woot!
One check, two check, and table? Check!
Check! Two done, one is in the editing process and the other is finished, but can't be posted yet (this other story has to be posted first, but it's LONG and editing it is a BITCH).
Got the book, check. Reading the book in progress.
2) Finish the 3rd part of "You're to Blame" or all the parts of my table, preferably both, but realistically that's likely to be too much.
3) Write at least as much in March as I did in February.
4) Work on the money situation.
5) Say yes to one social-able invitation that includes more than book club, fellowship, or friends who live in a different area, preferably involving people who you have not hung out with socially in the past. I will null this if the only invitation is to go on a date with a guy I'm not comfortable saying yes to. I do need a good reason to not be comfortable, though, no offense meant to any one who has them, but having children counts - I'm not ready to be in dating situation that involves children. It is important that I stay out of the lives of children I cannot, at this time in my life, commit to. Also, this does not require me to say yes to people I don't like, such as Wendy, who makes me angry but seems to think we're friends.
6) Make it so that you aren't the only one who can see the improvements in your living spaces.
7) Finish at least one, preferably two alphabet challenge books.
8) Decide of pointless posts like these count towards writing, and if so how to include them in the count... If they do count, require the word count for March be higher than that of February by at least 500 words.
1) Write something and keep track of the daily word count - ish.
- Totally updating my word count excel sheet every day. I plug in the story word count at the end of the day and it - viola! - tells me what I've written (I've written a little over 12,300 words thus far this month and today is in fact the first day I have not written at least some in one of my stories).
2) Finish something I'm writing, dammit.
- I finished first and second parts of "You're to Blame" (second part currently in the Beta/Editing phase).
- I finished MASH which is a coda of sorts to my "Truth or Dare" series (also currently in the Beta/Editing phase)
- I have begun going over other stories in hopes that one of them will poke back at me so I can work more on them. I realized have nearly 9,000 words in story which I would one day like to finish especially since I have already spent so much freaking time on it.
3) Read/Finish two books from the "Alphabet Challenge"
- One book down! Will be updating my list soon.
If you're interested in what I'm doing click here.
If you'd like to see what I've read so far, you can see that here.
4) Do some tidying up in the room.
- I dusted!
- I threw out all the trash from my couch (yes, there is a small couch in my room - it is mostly used as a way station for my books, bags, and clothes).
- Organized all my stuff for doing my taxes.
- Got all the books onto shelves or in crates and boxes (aka off the couch and floor).
5) Don't be a complete recluse.
- Went to see "The Woman in Black" with friends and had drinks after.
- Spent Thursdays at Fellowship (okay not necessarily ambitious socially, but an evening out of the house counts).
- The 29th will be Book Club, so there's that with the gang.
- Going to see Jaymie, though this may not be until the first of March, so we'll see if this counts (or not).
- I feel like there's more and I've just forgotten it.
6) Don't spend money I don't actually have.
- This appears to be going okay. I mean, there's a lot of work I need to do on the car and I'm not sure how I'm going to pay for it. But hey, so far, so good.
Side notes: Still obsessed with Jeremy Renner, looking into actually reading comic books not just watching movies "based" on them, I NEED more Cho/Summer in my life (which may or may not result in the search for fanfic) and free episodes on iTunes FTW.
Spoiler! Spoiler! Spoiler! Spoiler! Spoiler! Spoiler! Spoiler!
SPOILER BEYOND THE LJ CUT
( By clicking this link, you hereby relinquish any rights to blame the writer of this blog for spoilers for “At First Blush” that you may encounter herein. )
Dear Lord in Heaven, I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'm not sure I want you to fix it. At this moment in time, I am very much enjoying the insanity I have been blessed with.
Fandom: NCIS: LA
Characters: Eric, Nell
Pairing: No more Eric/Nell than the show
Summary: Eric's didn't want anyone to know about one of his favorite shows.
Spoilers: Vaguely for 3.07 - or at least I vaguely reference that episode.
Warnings: None really
Disclaimer: Seriously? What is up with all these shows who won't let me have the rights to them? Someone should have hired me to write for them already!!
( The doorbell rings )
Okay I'll quit waxing poetic about my love for the Avenger movies and get to the point. shanachie_quill and I have started a comm for the Avengers' movies and I am excited about it. Frankly, my little nerd heart can barely stand it.
We launched earlier today and the only thing we need now are members and their posts. Come by and join us if you're interested.
Hopefully, we'll see you there soon :)
Fandom: X-Men first class
Characters: Erik and Charles
Written for: purple_spock- Happy Halloween!
Summary: Eric is angry
Disclaimer: You may ask who died and left me the rights to X-Men and its characters. This still has not happen.
( Why is Erik angry this time? Come find out. )
I recently dropped my iPod nano in some water which subsequently caused the battery to no longer charge. If I plug it into the computer or hook it up to a power source it does still work but that completely voids the reason for having the mp3 player in the first place. I considered getting a new nano but the thing is tiny and i like watching videos on the player and it just didnt seem feasible on this generation of nano (damn you apple) so that was out. I considered the iPod original or whatever it is, but honestly it wasn't much better screenwise. So I broke down and bought the iPod Touch. I've been playing with it and while I wasn't intially sure, I have to say I think I'm really going to like it - I mean here I am leaving work at 8am leaving a livejournal post via an app. With apps for things like LJ and Goodreads along with sport scores and twitter, its hard not to fall a little in love. Also makes emails a hell of a lot easier to keep up with. I mean dang.
Posted via LiveJournal app for iPhone.
My second gsd_rtfn week was a success! Fabulous news. Now, when May starts, I'm going to be working nearly exclusively (that's my goal anyway) on a fic I started... oh probably two months ago? - which I thought was going to be a simple, straight forward, quick, cute AU one shot. That does not seem to be the case. Now, this is no novel (at least I don't think it will be, if it does turn out to bed one I don't know how I'll ever manage to edit it), but it has gotten much longer than expected and I really don't think it's anywhere near complete. I have to figure out exactly how the ending is going to work too. I have the general idea, but the there's a lot of technicalities I haven't quite got figured out yet. My point (I'm loopy, exhausted, and my eyes are going crossed so please forgive me) is that, starting May 1st, the majority of my writing time will be dedicated to making that story work as a unit (I have loads of parts written that need to be connected) which means I won't have a lot of time for my other stories. Because that is the case, my goal is to have Truth or Dare Part 5 ready for the editor's desk by the time I go to bed on the night of April 30th/ the morning of May 1st.
At this point my eyes are too tired to focus very well so editing this/reading over this to see if it makes sense is nigh impossible. Plus I really can't be bothered. Sorry for that. Maybe I'll fix it tomorrow, but probably not.
Night ladies and gents.
P.S./Note to Self: It is probably not a good thing that you prioritize your "to write" goal over all the other things on your "to do" list. Some days I wonder how you manage to get to work.